when vegetables need to be paired with chardonnay


We hosted friends for wine club last night and the chosen feature wine was chardonnay. We marinated and barbecued pork tenderloin and I wanted a satisfying veggie dish to serve along side the wine that was rich but not too heavy. I referenced this pairing guide, and after browsing the grocery store for ten minutes came up with a new vegetable dish that was a big hit and super easy to throw together!

:: Here's how I made it ::

:: To start, I cubed sweet potato, marinated with curry, chili powder, garlic powder and salt and roasted at 375 for 30 minutes.
:: I sauteed squash zoodles in a big fry pan with butter and lots of salt and pepper and layered that as the base of the dish. The sweet potato went on top.
:: Finished with lots of curled parmesan and a handful of chopped pecans.
:: I made a dressing that I served in a pitcher on the table. Combined mayo, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, salt - emulsify with olive oil. Chop up a handful of whatever herbs you have and add. (We have a herb garden in the backyard, so I added oregeno, parsley, basil, dill and rosemary)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

it's all coming together

gift guide: that extra special something

those festive scents